Monday, November 30, 2009

STD Pit Stop

I'll been out of commission for a week...a teensy touch of chlamydia...it turned up during my routine testing...it's a three day incubation period, so I guess it must have been a bath house hook-up, Goliath, probably. Oh well, that's the business. The VD Clinic called me up and left a message, come on over on Monday. Chlamydia is knocked out with a single dose of 2 pills and 7 days of chastity. The people at the Clinic couldn't be nicer...the storefront office in SOMA has been there for years...the block was more industrial when I first went there 20+some years ago, a fishmonger was next door. Now there's a nice new school across the street, the Orthodox Ukrainians have got their act together and fixed up their attractive little church (although some palm trees were sacrificed), some new condos have gone up and the old Mr. S. Leather is now a high end art gallery. And here among schoolkids, church-going Ukrainians and condo dwellers, are we nasty sexy health statistics. Like I said, the staff couldn't be nicer...Rebecca, Clara, Carmen, they explain everything and have answers...help yourself to some condoms, lube, Carmen said, as I left. I took some lube. As I was leaving, a Yellow cab pulled up and deposited a tall slender dude in a peacoat and cowboy boots. A taxi to the VD clinic? Cowboy boots? God, I love SF.

1 comment:

Cum Craver said...

I wish I could find such a good clinic in my neck of the woods.