Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Art of the Come-On

I grew up in an era, the 70's/80's when it was cool to act disaffected, even bored, above it all, diffident...even when on the search for sex, which doesn't make sense but there you have it, the Golden Age of Attitude. Even now, I pretend not to be interested, even when I am not disinterested, or...flattered. I was at my gymn last Friday night when a tall dude, an Arab no less, engaged in his usual flirting, it's been going on for months...he's got big eyes and lashes and a nice smile, but he comes across as if everything is a big joke, including sex. So he's been coming on to me, in a very cheerful way with the toothy smiles, the flashing eyes and the small talk. I never took him seriously, being from the Golden Age of Attitude, as I said, and I wasn't particularly flattered...he can't be serious, I thought...for one thing, I'm 5-8 and he's about 6-6, skinny and all legs. So after some banter, he follows me into the locker room where he starts motioning me to head towards the showers. Let's go...to the showers, he's gesturing...he means the steam room...and then he gestures a mutual jerkoff...not my scene, never was...besides tonight I couldn't get it up to save my life. Still, I'm surprised that guys still go about it this way. He says he has a girlfriend, and I believe him...he's straight and probably thinks all gays get it on at the drop of a hat. What hat? I'm thinking he doesn't know how to go about it. He's dense, thinks all gays want straights and can be had.
The next day I was checking out the sale bin at Superstar video in the Castro. I'm wearing tight black capri pants (yeah, I know, but they're hand-me-downs from a friend who wears things for a few months and then gives them away, besides they're Armani Exchange) with my dick stuffed down one side. I pumped up before I left the apartment and since my dick doesn't fit in the cock ring after I pump, I just tied up with a thick leather bootlace...and I'm showing a nice roll. I'm grabbing myself slightly which I tend to do when alone, and I did think that I was alone when out of nowhere, a voice says 'I can help you out with that.' It's a big young shapeless guy, the kind that wears baggy running pants, an oversized tee-shirt, shaved head, a mediterranean type, maybe latino. I laughed it off in a friendly way, but I thought it was better than ignoring him altogether. Twice within 24 hours and I'm trying to figure out if that's significant. I'm not into cruising and I'm not a tease, and I don't know enough not to wonder what's going on...as you know, I'm gettin' old. Could there be a future for me?

No comments: