Wednesday, March 26, 2008

T-cell mystery...or maybe not

It was time for my periodic visit to the VA, and with a new doctor. I might have been the last appointment of the day for there were only a couple of others in the waiting room...a lounge, really, as the VA staffers do well for us...fresh coffee, magazines, TV. There have been times when a dozen or so vets occupied the lounge, some of longstanding associations who conversed familiarly with personal news. I suspect we are all HIVers as we seem to fit the demographic, men in their 40's-50's-60's, most of us existing in precarious situations and I suspect some of us are quite on the edge of slipping into destitution. Thank God for the VA, this great nation and its great institutions and its deference to good old Christian guilt.
The unexpected revelation: my T-cell count is up, way up, to well over 600...for years it had settled around 300-350, never higher than 350. What have I done differently? It has to be the apple cider vinegar...a drop in a glass of water first thing in the morning, and a second drink of same before retiring...before the tooth brushing, since the acid can't be good for one's teeth. That has to be it. Maybe that crazy old doctor in Vermont with his folk medicine wasn't so crazy. Ah, and the viral load remains undetectable. Despite much indiscriminate whoring around, anonymous sex, charged loads up the ass and fuck parties with other poz guys. I don't want to give the impression that HIV is not so bad and can be controlled with doses of apple cider vinegar...that would be irresponsible...so this information will be restricted to this blog and its readers. I might share with other poz bruthas. As for the cute little bug chasers out there...well, there are a great many jackasses out there, most of them in their 20's who believe they are invincible and that HIV is little more than a manageable nuisance. This is a fallacious notion...but I am delighted with my own personal history...at least for today and after this visit. That's all I can say, as far as I can go. Who knows if this mystery can be sustained? We will return to this matter in later postings.

No comments: